Evolving Thoughts

Evolution, culture, philosophy and chocolate! John Wilkins' continuing struggle to come to terms with impermanence... "Humanus sum, nihil humanum a me alienum puto" - Terence

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Ow, my head hurts!

Too much beer. Cooper's Pale, of course. It was the end of the month, and so I had to tie one on. I don't remember much since then. Did I say anything stupid? Why are all these cheques from the Disco arriving in my letterbox?

Seriously, it's good to see even Dembski doing an April Fools riff. As much as I dislike the ideas of the IDevotees, a sensible amount of silly humour is a civilised way to conduct a dispute. I still don't think it's worth serious consideration, intellectually, but at least he isn't trying to lie his way into it, like Wells.

Pity he doesn't respond to detailed criticisms of his views with detailed responses...

Sahotra Sarkar is the proximal source of both our devotion to ID, it seems.