Evolving Thoughts

Evolution, culture, philosophy and chocolate! John Wilkins' continuing struggle to come to terms with impermanence... "Humanus sum, nihil humanum a me alienum puto" - Terence

Monday, April 04, 2005

The real me

Some people have cast doubt that I truly do look like an albino silverback lowlands gorilla. They are right. My gravatar is actually the late Snowflake, of the Barcelona zoo. He was 40 years old when he died of skin cancer in September 2003, the equivalent of 80 human years old. He left many descendents.

But just so that you know what I truly look like, and I am slightly less hairy than Snowflake, I am taking a leaf out of Pharyngula's and De Rerum Natura's books, and using the Flash application they linked to to devise a self-portrait in South Park style.

Click here to see me in all my gory, I mean glory. It's just luck that the body type of South Park characters is pretty much mine...