Evolving Thoughts

Evolution, culture, philosophy and chocolate! John Wilkins' continuing struggle to come to terms with impermanence... "Humanus sum, nihil humanum a me alienum puto" - Terence

Monday, August 22, 2005

Now New Zealand cops it

When I took a three week trip with my family through New Zealand a couple of years ago, I was taken with how sensible the locals were, and how unregulated their lives. They had an excellent education system, and, well, they were just like Australia before it got corporatised.

So I like New Zealand, very much, and it bothers me to have to mention that an international organisation by the name of Focus on the Family (shades of "Family First"!) is presenting trying to get its execrable DVD on ID into Kiwi schools by sending a free kit to 500 of them.

I'm guessing this is the same DVD that has played the same role in the US and here. I'm pleased at any rate to note that the newspaper is able to call it "creationism" without fear. Good on them.