Evolving Thoughts

Evolution, culture, philosophy and chocolate! John Wilkins' continuing struggle to come to terms with impermanence... "Humanus sum, nihil humanum a me alienum puto" - Terence

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What makes scientists mad?

Bad science, mostly. People like Behe don't help, but there are Good Guys out there ready to stomp on bad science. One of them is my good friend Paul Z Myers (I occasionally have trouble spelling his name, but that's just an in-joke). So it does my heart a power of good, as Dennis Bloodnok might say, to see a really good article on Paul in CityPages.com. Even if he does have a cephalopod fetish. Read it and see what a Real Scientist is like.

And why do I hold Dr Myarz in such high esteem? He once drove 1000 miles (that's a lot more in real measurements) to have dinner with me and a bunch of Canadians in Toronto. Oh, and he does a wicked science blog...